What is the fastest way to create a Magento t-shirt product that doesn't need two inventories, need two individual SKUS, and the only configurable selection will be a different color of t-shirt? Two simple products, and associate them to a configurable product Create one simple product, and add a custom option…
What are the unique advantages of Magento MVC architecture when building a site?
- In a typical PHP Model-View-Controller (MVC) application, all the Controllers will be in one folder, all the Models in another, etc. In Magento, files are grouped together based on functionality, which are called modules in Magento. Almost anytime you want to tap into the power of the Magento system, you’ll need to make some change or addition to your config file.
- By being modular, Magento is amazing at growth. Along with a range of extensions, having a MVC architecture helps to make your website highly scalable.
- Used to keep the code modular and clean to assist in programming (keep things separate)
- It divides a given software application into three interconnected parts, so as to separate internal representations of information from the ways that information is presented to or accepted from the user
- The central component, the model, consists of application data, business rules, logic and functions
- A view can be any output representation of information, such as a chart or a diagram.
- Multiple views of the same information are possible, such as a bar chart for management and a tabular view for accountants
- The third part, the controller, accepts input and converts it to commands for the model or view