Today we will go over What exactly is a Magento and where it started. Also I talk about a quick overview of the Magento Dashboard and some of the metrics and visualizations you will see by Mike Cristancho @ TheDigitalPM.com Magento is owned by eBay Inc and was started in…
Magento is fastly becoming the eCommerce platform of choice. One of the fundamental reasons is the fact that from the ground-up, it has been manufactured with the adaptability and flexibility required to optimize each page, every product, and every snippet of code within its framework for search engines such as Google, Bing, and more. That is, assuming you know where to look and how to perform an SEO audit and execute on it.
There are numerous similarities between Magento Community Edition and Magento Enterprise Edition, but also a few major differences. Wherever conceivable I will attempt to highlight some of the features that may appear in one or the other of these platforms, and also reference in which version certain features were added or removed.
For the purpose of this SEO for Magento guide, we will be utilizing Magento Community Edition 22.214.171.124. As of the time of releasing this information, it is the latest stable release of the free edition (or at least the one I have access to). This ought to permit store owners, Magento developers, and SEO specialists and beginners alike access to all of the features contained within this guide
In this part, we will cover the accompanying:
- Attempt to give you an understanding the structure of a site, the purpose of optimizing your e-commerce site, and the relationship between ‘keywords’ and their position on a site.
- Understanding the buying intent of our site visitors and how this purchasing intent may change depending on the type of page they enter our website with (shopping or content).
- The roles of content management system (CMS) pages and their primary uses in search engine optimization (SEO)
- The importance of the content, title, and meta tags and Magento’s default <head> data
- How to change your category structure to benefit your SEO campaign
- How to set up an XML sitemap and Google Analytics E-commerce tracking through Magento’s admin panel and code.