Optimizing a Magento website (or any eCommerce website for that matter) can be somewhat tricky at times, particularly when we attempt to make sense how best to optimize a specific expression or phrase on a particular page while we navigate over 15,000 files and hundreds of different configuration settings. It can sometimes seem a little daunting, but thankfully, it’s not all that bad.
Magento has already provided us with a variety of tools that we can use to better prepare our Magento store for search engines but due to the open source nature of the Magento platform, there exists a growing community of developers and SEO specialists who constantly innovate and experiment with different ways to improve the framework.
The goal of this guide is to provide you with tips, tricks, and best practices to help improve your Search Engine Optimization practices on your eCommere store. While I do use Magento as my baseline, many of these practices can be extrapolated to other eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, Woocommerce, BigCommerce, Volusion, and more. I would suggest moving in order through the modules, but you don’t have to. Have questions? Reach out to me. Also, would you purchase the eBook for SEO? I’m curious.
Want an easy to read PDF that you can take and use anywhere? Download the SEO for Magento: Tips, Tricks, and Actionables now for only $15.
Do you like the content that you have read so far? Has it given you value? If yes, then you will want to checkout the Members Only section of the Digital PM site for more content, videos, tutorials and more. For a limited time, Join today, risk free for only $1.
- SEO for Magento – Overview
- SEO for Magento – Focusing on your Keywords
- SEO for Magento – Homepage Optimization
- SEO for Magento – Category Hierarchy Optimization
- SEO for Magento – Optimize CMS Pages
- SEO for Magento – Optimize Meta Titles, Page Content, and Meta Information
- SEO for Magento – Adjusting the Magento System Configuration
- SEO for Magento – Default Settings for the <Head> Section
- SEO for Magento – XML Sitemap / Prep Submit to Webmaster Tools
- SEO for Magento – Google Analytics / eCommerce Tracking