How can you setup a product catalog for best search results, taking into account issues of duplicate content, meta content, meta title, keyword search terms in product description, attribute weight, and so on? When setting up a product catalog focus on a search engine friendly URL slug populate a…
- What is the process of creating layered navigation (including category creation and attributes, product attribute types, and product-category associations)?
- First you need to ensure the attribute is select for layered navigation within the settings of that attribute
- Second go Catalog>Manage Categories> and set the price step (price is by default a layered navigation)
- Go to System > configuration > catalog > expand layered navigation to show product count or not.
- Lastly, populate the attribute (from step 1) in the individual product. Example, you create pattern for a shirt. Then give it checkered attribute option.