Section One - eCommerce What is the difference between omni-channel and multi-channel retailing. There is some ambiguity with the difference between omni-channel and multi-channel retailing. If you step back and look at the root word, "multi" means many while "omni" means all. In my mind, that is the…
How can you setup a product catalog for best search results, taking into account issues of duplicate content, meta content, meta title, keyword search terms in product description, attribute weight, and so on?
- When setting up a product catalog focus on
- a search engine friendly URL slug
- populate a proper Page title, meta description with 155 characters
- Attribute weight in SOLR search, To improve the relevancy score of search results based on product attributes, assign a larger weight to those attributes.
- Duplicate content, if you simply copy and paste product descriptions you will rank poorly for onpage content and be flagged for duplicate content in your search rankings.
- Duplicate content – ensure that each product will have a unique description and there is only a single path to the same product
- Meta content – ensure that this is populated and crawlable
- Meta title – again, make sure that this is populated
- Keyword search terms – make sure that this information is populated and relevant
- Attribute weight – when SOLR is used, make sure that the weights are accurately assigned and that the most relevant fields across the catalog have the greatest weight